Parent Governor Election - Ballot
As you may be aware, you were contacted recently regarding the parent governor election and invited nominations for the position(s) to be returned by Wednesday 17th October 2018. The following nominations have been received and are listed below:
- Hend Alyazeedi
- Kathryn Bennett
- Helen Hinchliffe
- Melvin Hodgetts
- Rachel Mistry
- Rebecca Staniforth
As the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies, it is now necessary to hold a ballot for which a ballot paper will be sent home today for each parent/carer to complete. Also enclosed is a copy of a statement from each candidate to assist you in the voting process.
How to Vote
- On the ballot paper place an X in the right hand column against the candidate(s) of your choice. No other distinguishing marks of any kind should be made on the ballot paper, or it could be declared void.
- As there are two parent governor posts available, you may vote for two different candidates. You may not vote twice for one candidate.
- Only parents/carers of registered pupils at the school are eligible to vote.
- Each parent/carer is entitled to complete one ballot paper irrespective of the number of children at the school.
- Please return your completed ballot paper by post or, place in an envelope in the red voting box. There will be one in the main Burnaby entrance and one in the main office entrance from 6th November until 3.30 pm on Tuesday 13th November.
- Any ballot papers received after this time will be declared void.
- If there is a tie in the numbers of votes cast, the first step should be to recount the votes. If the votes are still equal for two or more candidates then the headteacher, should arrange for them to draw lots.
The parent(s) with the highest number of votes will be declared elected. If you require any assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact the Governing Body.