Applying for free school meals
Find out if you’re eligible for meal support while your child isn’t attending school, and how to apply
Our school is providing meal support for pupils who would usually receive benefits-related free school meals in school.
You’re eligible for meal support if your child is between 5 and 16 years old and if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of pension credit
- Child tax credit (if you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working tax credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- Universal credit - if you applied for it on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Click here for the letter and application form in full.