What is mental health?
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Being mentally healthy means that:
- we feel good about ourselves;
- we can make and keep positive relationships with others;
- we feel able to manage our feelings rather than feeling overwhelmed by them;
- we have interests or hobbies that we enjoy;
- we feel hopeful and positive about the future.
Good mental health helps us to cope with life’s ups and downs and to ask for support from others when we need it.