When we all write, it is always beneficial to say it out loud. This helps us remember it and check for mistakes. Today we will use 'Talk for writing' to help us 'Hold a sentence'.
Thursday - First draft
Watch the video and use the support words in the boxes on the sheets. Please write some sentences explaining what you will take. Make sure you use the word 'because' to justify your answer.
Remember, "Say it before you write it"
Use your plan you wrote on Tuesday to help you.
You can upload your work below the video.
Friday - Re read and Edit
Morning everyone. Today is the most important part of the writing process and something that we are great at in Year 1.
We need to be look at yesterday's writing and do these things:
1) Check you can read it out loud 🎤
2) Does it have a Capital Letter at the start of each sentence 🅰
3) Does each sentence have a full stop at the end of it ⚫ (not that big more like . )
4) Does each word have a finger space next to it ☝
5) If its a tricky word have you copied it correctly ✏
6) If it's an easy word have you used Fred to sound it out 🐸
If you can do all of these things then you are ready to write it up neatly if you want to. The most important thing though is you are proud of your work and have checked it over.
It's the most important part of writing!